Home World News the 3 news of the night

the 3 news of the night

60
0

A huge 60 km Russian military convoy near Kiev

Satellite images taken Monday in Ukraine show a huge Russian military convoy stretching more than 60 kilometers northwest of the capital Kiev, a key objective for Russia in its offensive in Ukraine. The convoy “extends from the vicinity of Antonov airport (about 25 km from the center of Kiev) south to the vicinity of Prybirsk” to the north, the American satellite imagery company Maxar said in an email Monday evening.

This airport is, since the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia on February 24, the scene of violent clashes, the army of Vladimir Putin trying to seize this strategic infrastructure for the capture of the capital. In the convoy captured by satellite image, about 64 kilometers long, “some vehicles are sometimes very far from each other and, on other portions, military equipment is positioned two or three abreast”added Maxar.

READ ALSO :Who is Kadyrov, Putin’s armed wing who sent 10,000 of his soldiers to Ukraine?

The American company also released images showing new deployments of troops – attack helicopters and ground vehicles – in Belarus, less than thirty kilometers from the border with Ukraine. Ukrainian forces have so far managed to deny access to central Kiev to Russian forces, whose advance remains ” slow down “ on the fifth day of the invasion and who gather around the capital. According to two sources interviewed by AFP on Monday, one diplomatic and the other security, Moscow is preparing to launch a new military push imminently.

TF1 and M6 agree to sell two small channels to Altice

Television groups TF1 and M6 announced on Monday exclusive negotiations with Altice Media, the group of Patrick Drahi, owner of BFM and RMC, to sell it two small DTT channels and thus make possible their merger at the start of next year. . Today owners of ten frequencies in total, TF1 and M6 can only keep seven to comply with audiovisual regulations. They have therefore chosen to separate from TFX (channel 11) and 6ter (channel 22), operations which will only be effective if their marriage takes place and subject to the authorization of the Competition Authority and the Arcom.

Read:   War in Ukraine: How Germany is trying to detox from Russian gas

To arrive at the account, M6 has also announced that it “plans to restore the TNT frequency of the Paris Première channel” while continuing to operate the pay channel on other broadcast, cable and satellite channels. The amount of the sales has not been disclosed, but the value of the channels is estimated according to their audience share, around 50 million euros per audience point according to analysts. According to Médiamétrie, TFX (formerly NT1, acquired by TF1 in 2010) obtained an audience share of 1.6% in February (up 0.1 point over one year) across the public as a whole, while 6ter (launched in 2012) peaked at 1.4% (down 0.2 points).

READ ALSO :Magali Berdah, the popess of reality TV who wants to “influence” the presidential campaign

After announcing their merger in May 2021 – via the takeover of Bouygues, parent company of TF1, on M6-RTL (put up for sale by Bertelsmann) – the two groups had been looking for buyers for their channels since the summer. This announcement was eagerly awaited by the market and by the Competition Authority, which must monitor the weight of the new player, particularly in the advertising market. During a recent hearing in the Senate, Patrick Drahi, owner and founder of the telecoms and media group Altice (SFR), positioned himself in favor of the merger, arguing that he would take advantage of it to ” to strenghten “.

One man shot dead, another injured in Pointe-à-Pitre

Two investigations have been opened after a man was found dead overnight from Sunday to Monday in Les Abymes, Guadeloupe, and another “wounded by bullets in a shooting” in Pointe-à-Pitre, said the Pointe-à-Pitre prosecution.

Read:   What will become of Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine? Four possible scenarios

The man, shot on the sidelines of the Carnival festivities, for Shrove Sunday, called for help, and transported to the Guadeloupe University Hospital, but “refuses to speak to the police”said Alexandra Onfray, deputy prosecutor of Pointe-à-Pitre. “For the second individual, a young man in his thirties, the autopsy will determine whether he was shot and killed”, said the same source. The young man was known to the police, in particular “for narcotics cases”.

READ ALSO :The aggression of the director of the CHU of Guadeloupe, a symptom of a situation out of control

As these facts took place in the police zone, the investigations were entrusted to the territorial management of the national police (DTPN). For now, “There is no element linking the two cases”also indicated the prosecution.

Previous articleWho is Kadyrov, Putin’s armed wing who sent 10,000 of his soldiers to Ukraine?
Next articleNASA tries to calm the game after the resounding declarations of the director of Roscosmos