While Italian families and businesses are reckoning against the dear billslearning tricks to save can be the winning weapon.
In this regard theAeneasthe National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development, provides twenty tips to save on electricity in the house and at the same time help the environment.
Let’s see in detail the advice of Enea to deal with dear bills:
- Use energy saving light bulbs: LED technology allows great energy savings as, with the same absorbed power, it produces 5 times more light than traditional incandescent and halogen bulbs.
- Improve the insulation of the house: in this case the construction of a thermal insulation coat of the envelope and in particular the insulation of the roof, reduce dispersions between 40 and 50%. The lower thermal energy requirement once the interventions have been carried out also makes it possible to install a less powerful and therefore less expensive boiler.
- Insulate roof and ceiling: a well insulated roof makes the difference on energy bills, managing to contain upward heat losses. An important investment but which offers considerable advantages. In any case, it is good to start from the ceilings of the rooms, insulating them well with the right false ceiling, which can save you up to 20% of energy.
- Use double glazed windows: another very important step for the insulation of the house, in addition to the construction of the coat, is the replacement of the old windows, which are often the bearers of drafts and thermal bridges. The doors and windows must be made of highly insulating materials such as PVC and wood; with thermal break; with double or triple glazing according to climatic requirements and air chamber with argon; with particular attention to soundproofing and internal acoustic comfort of the house.
- Reduce the use of hot water: so taking a bath compared to taking a shower implies a consumption of water four times higher. In fact, the average consumption of water for bathing is 120 -160 liters, while for a 5-minute shower a consumption of 75-90 liters is estimated and 35-50 liters for a 3-minute shower.
- Prefer electronic appliances higher energy class: so for example, replacing a washing machine from 20 years ago with a current one in class A could result in a 35% saving in electricity bills; on the other hand, taking into account the replacement of a refrigerator could reach up to 40%.
- Use multi-socket power strips, thus bringing together all the plugs of the electronic devices in a multi-socket power strip with an attached switch, so that you can turn them off with a single gesture if not in use.
- Don’t leave the light on unnecessarily
- Realize renewable energy generation plants that are very useful in the production of electrical or thermal energy. One of the most common systems is the photovoltaic solar system, which is made up of a series of panels composed in turn of silicon modules, which exploit the incidence of solar radiation to produce electricity.
- Carry out maintenance of the systems.
- Check the room temperature: the legislation provides for a temperature up to 22 ° C, but 19 ° C is more than enough to guarantee the necessary comfort.
- Pay attention to the hours of ignition of the heaters: the maximum daily ignition time varies by law according to the 6 climatic zones into which Italy is divided: from a maximum of 14 hours per day for systems in zone E (north and mountain areas ) at 8 hours in zone B (coastal strips of Southern Italy).
- Screening windows at night: closing shutters and shutters or placing heavy curtains reduces heat loss to the outside.
- Avoid obstacles in front of and above the radiators and do not leave the windows open for long.
- Check-up the property: the assessment of a technician on the degree of efficiency of a property, carried out through the energy audit or the energy performance certificate (APE), allows you to determine the most convenient interventions to contain consumption and costs.
- Equip your system with a temperature control unit
- Use thermostatic valves.
- Use a heat metering system.
- Replace the water heater existing with a condensing boiler.
- Regularly defrost refrigerators and freezers.